Roky Erikson in Todays Guardian

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 8 09:29:30 EDT 2007

*morning class!*
*forgive me if I've told this already*
*I just can't help.....my lost HW koalechtor friend Pierre Thompson and I
were at a record convention in Austin some years ago, and there's Roky, and
people were trying so hard to get an autograph or to just talk to him, and
he would have NONE of it.....*
*we didn't give one shit about him, as (especially me) was way too busy
making sure no-one else could get any quality HW gear that day (such is the
nature of the beast unfortunately)......and whaddaya know, Roky latched onto
us, talked our ear off, meanwhile refusing anyone else, he really was (for
lack of another way to put it) so sweet, and we all ended up outside while
we waited for his mother to come pick him up.....He seemed like an actual
friend of mine that I already knew, and he acted that way......looking back
what a great memory.......*
*the only record I ever bought (and I think ever heard) by them is (I think)
"the psychedelic sounds of"??? does that sound right?? and it had "fire
engine"????  anyway, recommendations welcome*
*mike c*