Palace Springs 1989, Oct 10th...right! (was Ozrics)

bernhard.pospiech bernhard.pospiech at T-ONLINE.DE
Mon Jun 11 11:19:21 EDT 2007

Hi Mike

I agree with Mary.
They did NEEDLE GUND and EJECTION in the encore of the Palace set on
10.10.89

Bernhard

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of mike coleman
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 11:28 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: Palace Springs 1989, Oct 10th...right! (was Ozrics)

sorry folks had the first mail not gotten filtered I wouldn't have done at
least one of these, I know I'm looking (REAL) stupid, but this one is purely
proper.....Mary, there was no encore at The Palace.......that was my first
Hawkwind show.....the people in that audience seemed like snobs (double
that) to me, they didn't really cheer, and I remember having a strange
feeling when it was over, even having thought about Texas, and noise-making,
and encores, wondering if CA "behaved differently".......the "way" Hawkwind
played at San Diego was totally different from  the way they played at
Palace (which I have attributed to the recording process)......I think that
show was a wrong first show for me.........now if you correct me about an
encore I may need to see a doctor for meds as I will never understand that
my memory could ever be less than deadly-accurate on that, but since you
were working for the band and you are my friend, I won't trifle about
it......
by the way I was born in LA, so to me that was kinda "going home"...I was
VERY dissappointed at my birthplace, not just the Hawkwind show,,,,but I did
find Motorhead self-titled CD at the Rock Cave on Big Beat, which at the
time, was a pretty nice find....