HW YULE RITUAL...Money Tree

vzenv14m maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Jun 12 13:13:06 EDT 2007

Any cat people have any ideas on how to change my cat's circadian rhythm,
and get him to eat dry food?  I've tried ignoring him at 5 in the morning,
but he doesn't give up, he'll meow for a few hours, getting progressively
louder, and more destructive.   All he'll willingly eat is Fancy Feast,
which I don't like giving him.  People say, if you leave a cat long enough
he'll eat what he has, not this guy.  I won't go into detail on how he
harasses me into giving him what he wants, but several vets have told me not
to let him go for over a day without food, because that can cause liver
damage. I've tried giving him the minimum amount of canned stuff to survive
on, and he became a terror.
 I've had several cats, 1 of which I was told as a kitten I'd never get to
eat anything but 9 Lives well, I had him eating Purina in 2 weeks.  Kosh is
a strange cat.  He was anemic as a kitten, so maybe I over compensated.  I'm
going to have to find someone to come in and give him a can a day, and he'll
have to eat the other stuff while I'm going to the shows.  I've done this
before, while in hospital with migraines, and he did eat the dry food, then.
The last case was aggravated because I had to board him out  I realize, this
is a Hawkwind forum, and not 1 for cats, but I don't want to be worried
about him during the shows.  Seriously, though, any ideas are welcomed, and
if I've offended anyone's sense of the nature of this group I'm sorry.  I
can hardly wait till Near Fest.

Peace, and Meow,

Mary and Kosh.