New book announcement: Robert Calvert anthology

Chris Purdon / Clyvedon Press clyvedon.press at BTOPENWORLD.COM
Wed Jun 13 10:08:17 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I am delighted to formally announce the publication by The Clyvedon Press in 2008 of a new, fully authorised, casebound edition of the written work of Robert Calvert. Compiled with the full authorisation and involvement of Jill, Robert's widow, the book will comprise his poems, stories and plays.

The contents of the book will include:
. Re-set versions of Centigrade 232 and The Earth Ritual
. Little-known poems including: Voices in the Wind; Decorating; Empty Shells; Bicyclepoem; The Action Man Explains; The Sad Ballad of a Soldier; August Stramm in a Garden; Event (for Jill); Three Men in a Boat; Sound Poem; Photo Finish; Canal Path Travelogue
. Stories and prose including: The Toad; Street Theatre Police Brutality Read All Abaht It!; The Last of the Listening Ears; Reclusion; The Young Man and the Sea;
Morning - And the Hour-Glass Whispers;
Cattle at Twilight; 8 Days a Week
. Plays to include: Box; The Stars That Play with Laughing Sam's Dice; Mirror Mirror; Roar of the Sealion

This list is not exhaustive, and material is still being researched and gathered. If you have any of Robert's writings that you think might be suitable for inclusion, please contact me at the address below. In particular, we would like to include Robert's play about Brian Jones and Donald Crowhurst, the manuscript for which is missing. Otherwise, if you think you can help in any way, we would be delighted to hear from you.

Bibliographic and contact details:
Casebound, approximately 300 pages.
Price and ISBN to be confirmed; publication date 2008.

In conjunction with the launch of the book, there will also be a Robert Calvert event in 2008 at Pentameters Theatre, Hampstead, London, organised by Leonie Scott-Matthews. This will take the form of one of the plays being staged, or a week of different events each night.

Clyvedon Press is not taking orders for the book yet. However, if you wish to be kept informed or express your interest in purchasing the book, please send or e-mail your contact details to me at the address below. Your details will not be supplied to any third party and will be used solely to keep you informed about the book.

I shall also be at this weekend's Hawkfest, so you can speak to me there if you wish.

With kind reagrds to all,

Chris Purdon

The Clyvedon Press Ltd
95 Maes-y-Sarn