Alan Davey

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Jun 18 04:49:10 EDT 2007

On 18/06/2007 09:24, Martin Hutchby wrote:
> Sorry, but Dibsy was bloody awful...........that dreadful monotone voice
> that completely fell apart for Assassins. Poor gig. The only time I haven't
> stayed for an encore. The fact Alan wasn't there had a huge impact. Can't fault
> Dibsy for trying, but I'm afraid he's way, way off. Might make a difference if
> he doesn't try to sing though.
> Don't wish to be so negative but that really was a band struggling  (IMHO of
> course)
> Angry backlash to the usual addresss please......................

No angry backlash from me -- I wasn't there, but I can easily imagine
the band struggling pretty terribly without Alan.  They didn't usually
do that well without him when he was on hiatus in the '90s, and that was
with plenty of warning ....  I wonder what's up.  A decade further, is
Alan off for another "time-out" again?  It'd be a shame, 'cause I
thought they were playing really well in the last year or so, and Alan
is pretty fundamental to the 'cause IMO.  When the Brock/Davey/Chadwick
core have it together, they cook as hot as any line-up and better than many.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson