NEARFest

Jonathan Clark jonathan at ATT.NET
Thu Jun 28 11:28:59 EDT 2007

M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> wrote:
> A) Dibs made a good fist of things.
> B) Jason's jazzy synth style doesn't suit Hawkwind.
> C) Lightshow very desultory for Hawkwind.

I'd agree with all of those. But it seemed like the band was having
a good time up on stage, what with Dave complaining about how heavy
his new guitar was (and "I'm getting on a bit, you know"). Orgone
Accumulator with cocktail jazz piano was pretty strange.

I'd also comment that it was a lot quieter than I was expecting - I
didn't have to use my earplugs at all (even after Dave remembered
to turn up his PA amp, and thanks to the guy who hollered at him to
do so). Nice sound mix, even with the odd crackling that was coming
out of the stage right PA stack, until the sound guy turned up and
kicked something that was under the desk.

Anyway, a fun day. I only caught the very end of Magenta's set but it
seemed like they might be worthy of some more attention. Anyone else
like (or hate) them?

Jonathan