HW:Distant Horizons

Jon Jon joninwhite at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 6 15:32:31 EST 2007

hmm... hard to call here. Are you a completist? If so, then it is an absolute must.If not.... well it certainly is no classic - you will have gathered that by the other responses.The artwork is crap and the album is ordinary but it has it's moments, 'wheels' being one of them - brock plays some excellent heavy guitar on it and in my mind it is a classic.The rest of the album is pretty heavy sounding too - the hawks were experimenting with a grungy sound at the time which IMHO has a great sound, and i believe that the (low fi) production suits itWhat lets the album down is the very average tunes (with the exception of 'wheels' and 'love in space')I own a copy, and personally would NOT fork out £30 for itA tenner? Yes - or trade - maybe you have sorted something out as i speakThere will be people who know more about the album in general, but i hope this helpsJonathan> Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:03:41 +0000> From: eddiejobson at HOTMAIL.COM> Subject: HW:Distant Horizons> To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET> > After finishing the Carol Clerk book I realised of the mainstream albums I > never got around to buying (or hearing) Distant Horizons. What are peoples > views on it? It sells on Ebay from time to time but it seems like it is not > listed to buy new any more. Is it worth a 20 or £30 investment, or does > someone have a spare copy to trade? If so contact me offline at > eddiejobson at hotmail.com> > Also noticed while searching that the PXR5 cd now comes with New Worlds Fair > on the end of it? My older copy hasn't got that.> > Eddie.> > _________________________________________________________________> Rate your skiving credentials with our Slack-o-meter > http://www.slack-o-meter.com