HW: Church/Business

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Mar 7 16:06:02 EST 2007

Well, "IITBOTFTBD" sucks monkeys breath and "COH" is so cheesey cause

Well, "IITBOTFTBD" sucks monkeys breath and "COH" is so cheesey cause its full of holes, not a work of GENIUS but MAYBE A WORK OF ART..... if Dave Brock set out in the world to be a SOLO ENTERTAINER then "Earthed To The Ground" IS BOTH GENIUS AND A WORK OF SERIOUS BUSINESS :-) Like a real Anarcho Syndicate growing out of the grooves on THAT LP isn't my observation, then that grotesque ARCHANGEL standing on the TAKEOFF RAMP waiting for A BIT OF ROMANTICISM and Thee Billy Shaxbard Quothe Him on THAT...... winter of hour discontents......

Shades of CHURCH BUSINESS.....: "The Lord's Business...... WITCHFYNDER!"Christian

Really..a pretty good guide is the Epoch eclipse triple cd.Nothing from
Distant horzons on THAT(unless you count D. H.s pointless INSTRUMENTAL vsn
of Love in Space)..You may also note theres nothing from "It Is The Business
of the future..." AND..obviously..NOTHING from all those badly recorded
illegal live cds.Its worthy to note,there is a track from "Church of
hawkwind"..which was far superior to "Business..".
We can argue all day about tracks included or missing on it..but its  pretty
good as an album guide to quality(note-1 cd for 69-74,1 cd for
75-78,..and..ermm..1 cd for 79-99ish..lol)
           pete

>From: Amphetamine Embalmer <superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK>
>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
>Subject: Re: HW:Distant Horizons
>Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:44:45 +0000
>
>I thought "Beam Me Up" was the best thing on there, though many may
>disagree.... ALIEN 4 had better production and conceptual type thing going
>for it than Distant Horizons which seems to have been a pretty "rushed"
>relase (NO RELATION TO LIMBAUGH OR GEDDY LEE, Americans still trying to
>survive the 90s take note!).... And whats the deal with Legendary Pink Dots
>"sound wizard" producing so many recent Hawkwind releases though? (DH for
>one) Did Dave Brock discover him via LPD or?? Wonder what the story is.....
>
>Christian
>
>On 07/03/2007 15:52, John Majka wrote:
> > I don't think Distant Horizons is any worse than Alien 4, for example,
> > so if you like that one, I'd say certainly give DH a try.
>
>Ah, but Alien 4 had Sputnik Stan, which I liked better than the better
>stuff on DH .... :)
>
>Cheers,
>Carl
>
>--
>Carl Edlund Anderson
>mailto:cea at carlaz.com
>http://www.carlaz.com/

>Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo!
>Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

Rate your skiving credentials with our Slack-o-meter
http://www.slack-o-meter.com