HW: Vinyl, t-shirts, etc.

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 19 17:47:10 EDT 2007

Hi Folks...

  It's nice the see the list active again, even if its a little bit focussed on the "minutia" of audio sources and the like.  Such things are critical I guess.

  And you know, I brought up this Space Ritual video "rumour" about a year ago, as I had noticed some teasing mention of some mysterious "Hawkwind Project" that was alluded to on Voiceprint's site (I think it was).  Now that others here are discussing this, I suppose I should ask if anyone has any info about whether the band/Voiceprint are really in the process of doing the audio/video match, or what?

  On a totally different note, it looks as though I will shortly be leaving the US for some length of time, though for where and for how long, who can say?  I'm just sick of living in Columbus, and since I have no job and no life here, what is there to lose?  So I will see all of you at Hawkfest in June, and then will be around the continent for the rest of summer festival season, and if a miracle occurs, find a job and a new home somewhere close by.

  That means I'm again in liquidation mode, as I want to get rid of as much stuff as I possibly can.  So, a couple quick questions...

  Vinyl:  I sold off a bunch of my old vinyl four years ago, when I moved to Europe the first time, so I only have the "good" stuff left.  Maybe 100-120 or so.  About half of it is really unusual stuff that I'd like to keep, because it is either not on CD, or else special ltd. ed. releases.  The rest of it is essentially Hawkwind, Amon Duul II, and Gong (plus a couple Nektar and Can LPs I guess).  So maybe 60-70 items, near complete of those three bands (one-two missing) dating from 1970-1989.  Also, a handful of Hawkwind singles (Your Last chance, WGWTW x 2, etc.)  Oh, and the Calvert LPs, and a couple other solo.  Hey, is Steve Swindells' Fresh Blood on CD yet?  (Should I save the LP?)

  I don't play vinyl any more, and although it would be nice to keep them, it really doesn't make sense to ship them back across the ocean from whence they came.  It's hard enough to find European space rock in the US as it is...once they've been imported at great expense, it kind of makes sense to keep them here in the market.  So I'm making up a list of the ones I am willing to let go and doing my best to grade them (I'm no expert...they are mostly in very good shape, with a few exceptions.  I took good care of them, though some I bought already used, so...).  I would like the sell the whole thing as a lot...I don't have the patience and time to spend doing them one at a time on Ebay, as they are hard to ship and such.

  Is there anybody here, or anybody any of you knows, that might be interested in this lot?  I don't know what the price would be - I'm thinking that a lot of it would go in the $6-$10 range individually, so I'm thinking perhaps "half-price" on that, for a total in the $300-$350 range.  (I have a really nice Moorcock New Worlds Fair vinyl - that I might do an individual deal on, either as part of, or separate from, this lot.  I'm not sure what it's worth these days, but it must be alot.)  Obviously I'm looking for someone in the US or Canada, as if I were going to send it to Europe/elsewhere, I'd take it with me to keep.  What would be great is if someone "nearby" would be willing to come down and pick them up.  I'll probably be going to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and central PA in the next two months, so that would be my geographical range.  I couldn't imagine how much it would charge to ship/insure.  Luckily, many American Hawkfans live in the "Greater Lake" region
 (Buffalo-Milwaukee corridor).

  Also, I have five or six Hawkwind t-shirts that are old and a bit worn, but I just can't throw them out.  They are generally from the 1982-1991 tours (UK and US) and are also too small for me now.  They are all larges prolly, and would fit someone in the 150-165 lb. range.  Does anybody want them?  I'd offer them for a simple trade of something interesting, musically speaking.  Like a CDR or something.  What would be great is a CDR of the Quark album actually.  I have an original Virgin CD but it's getting eaten by CD rot or something.  Lotsa noise.  I'm sure I had a Griffin version at one time, but I must have sold it already as I can't find it now.  I must have thought I didn't need two of the same album.  Wrong!  Anyway, first acceptable offer here gets the shirts, for what they're worth.

  Finally....a question about iPods....

  I would like to finally get one of these things that everyone else has, for my travelling.  Ideally, I would have it soon and loaded up with music before I fly to Germany.  In this case, I would be buying it in the US, designed for charging with 120V/60Hz power.  Is that going to be a problem?  Can I simply buy a new charger in Germany that would be for 110V/50Hz?  How much would that cost me separately?  Is there any other issue here? The batteries are the same, right?  (Or can you buy a "European" model in the US?)

  Thanks...Keith