OFF: Re: was HW: Vinyl, t-shirts, etc. now "iPods"

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Mar 20 06:53:05 EDT 2007

On 20/03/2007 01:00, Paul Mather wrote:
> Note, though that you're pretty much stuck with iTunes if you use an
> iPod.  I have an iBook and use iTunes as my music player and it works
> (unsurprisingly) superbly well.  My sister has an old Windows computer
> and uses iTunes and it works terribly.  (In fact, right now, it doesn't
> work at all when it comes to importing CDs as anything other than WAV.)
> So, given Keith, by his own admission, doesn't have "the most modern
> computer," he may have issues running iTunes.  Because it's the way you
> interface with your iPod, he may have issues there, too.

I'm given to understand that there are issues between Vista and
iTunes/iPods right now (actually, I'm given to understand there are
issues between Vista and almost _everything_), and Windows is pretty
easy to corrupt or otherwise bugger up with regards to non-Microsoft
apps like iTunes (especially apps made by competitors ;)

I can confirm iTunes works great on Macs, though -- I've been using it
ever since the SoundJam days without trouble or complaint.  I've just
started a massive project of re-ripping all my CDs (the ones in the UK,
anyway) in lossless format to a big honking hard-drive using iTunes.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson