Spine Of God remaster

Amphetamine Embalmer superskrull666 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Tue Mar 20 17:41:33 EDT 2007

Haven't heard the new one, but if it's anything like the one CD I have
[can't remember the name, but it's got a car on the cover] it's
decent stoner metal.  Lyrics weren't anything to get excited
over, musicianship is competent.  If you like Monster Magnet
Light, then it'll do just fine for ya...

theo

Well Theo, I have about 5 different Fu Manchu CDs/relases, and I saw them live in 1997 with Spiritual Beggars and so on, so I know what they sound like in general, they vary in quality from release to release really, I was just wondering if anyone has heard the newest CD... I just needed an expert opinion!

In fact, I rather like Fu Manchu better than Monster Magnet, well MM after 1995 isn't my cuppa tea, even though I have been bewildered to exclaim otherwise and suffered a demise worse than reverse Siddha Yogin Karma, because of it... I once in an article in a Norwegian paper, reviewing "Powertrip", claimed "Monster Magnet are the best band of the 90s" which is pretty crazy, I don't think MM are particularly genius and wish I hadn't made that incriminating claim... its like saying "Duran Duran are the best band of the 80s" - Sign of the times maybe.... but not gifted above the common ilk of the day.... "so I scream as loud as I can and run like hell!! I'm not here, man.... I'm gone......!!!"

Christian