HW: Tim's liberty

Dave Bottomley daveb10000 at NTLWORLD.COM
Thu Mar 22 11:38:04 EDT 2007

Hi folks

Don't know if I'm a bit behind the times with this, but I've just discovered
that Tim Blake has a MySpace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
<http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=1
00321165> &friendid=100321165

For those interested in his ongoing hassles with the authorities, I quote
the following from his blog:

"It looks as if Tim's Legal Difficulties have been resolved in a compromise
that does not include imprisonement. However, he is to be consigned to
'House Arrest" for a period of 4 months and a half, starting in april. As a
result, all touring and festival plans seem to be compromised, and
travelling outside of France is totally out of the question untill
September. WE WOULD BE MORE THAN INTERESTED IN RECEIVING WORK ENQUIRIES FROM
SEPTEMBER ONWARDS."

This is news to me & clearly a much better outcome than many were fearing.
So I guess we should be grateful for that. But I fail to understand what
this "compromise" achieves. And it still implies some degree of guilt on
Tim's part which, as far as I understand the details of the case at least,
is highly questionnable (and that's putting it mildly).

Of course, it also totally scuppers his chances of appearing at Hawkfest.

Still, I thought many of you would like to know (if you don't already).

Cheers

Dave