BOC: new remasters

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Mar 26 12:43:55 EDT 2007

On 26/03/2007 16:56, Jason M. Scruton wrote:
> Quoting Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>:
>> On 26/03/2007 10:19, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
>>> and does *anyone* care enough about tRbN?
>>
>> My guess is: No.
>
> Moreso than Club Ninja... poor ol' Club.  I liked Take Me Away and the
> paradigm of metal, Let Go (though I never listen to eyes on fire. that's
> just plain creepy.)  CN is too... smooth.

Actually, I quite like "Take Me Away" too.  But, even so, I'm not sure
anyone's in a huge rush to remaster _tRbN_.

As for CN .... well, I certainly used to have a guilty soft spot for
"Beat 'Em Up" (!) but it's been a loooong while since I've actually
listened to _CN_, so I'd best reserve judgment there.

IMO, there's a good argument that BOC should have broken up -- full
stop, or at least semi-colon -- after FoUO and Al's departure, then have
reformed around the turn of the millennium, older and wiser and fully
armed with the Imaginos material for a new double album with the
original line-up.  But, eh, so it goes. ;)

> I'm still waiting for OYF to join its remastered siblings.  if i had to
> choose, i'd rather that alb than ETL.

More Al content, for one thing! :)

Hey, I mean, I like ETL all right -- it  was one of the first BOC albums
I actually owned -- but I'm not sure it deserves remastering as much as
does OYF.

Cheers,
Carl

--