HW: Hawkfest Bands

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Wed May 2 16:21:26 EDT 2007

Gary asks...

    >What is/are Technicians of Spaceship Hawkwind?

  Um...I *would* have said they were "Spacehead," if it weren't for the fact that they are listed as well.  Perhaps the same group doing other stuff?

  There are certainly a *lot* of bands listed, presumably there will be more than one stage then?

  Oh, wait...I just looked at the Hawkfest page, and it has a longer announcement now with some partial answers...

  For instance, it says...

  "the Technicians of Spaceship Hawkwind will play on Sunday night, so expect a few surprises and guest appearances for that one"appearances for that one :-)

  Which means it must again be Hawkwind "themselves" in some perhaps-less-serious (jam-style?) guise, with friends & relatives (probably the Spacehead crew, at least), and hopefully some surprises at it suggests.

  And there will be at least two stages for sure.

  >Do I have to cross the pond and buy tix to find out?

  You should do that anyway!  :)

  On another note, does anybody (like, Kris, if she's listening) know what the protocols for arrival at the site are?  As in, when will the campground open up for people to come and set up?  And if we get there before the official Hawkfest opening, will we be allowed to camp as a regular visitor to the campsite (paying whatever fee separately), and then just stay on through the Hawkfest seemlessly?  And how long afterwards will people be able to linger?  That sort of thing.

  Also, when will the tickets go out?  I won't be here at my residence past May 18th, so if my ticket doesn't arrive before then, there could be problems.

  Curious, though not yet worried...Keith (Grakkl)

  ObCD: Sky Cries Mary - Small Town (2007)

  P.S.  So, the "HW Museum" guys are now official hw.com webmasters?  Interesting.