Space Ritual + DVD

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Sun May 20 11:37:48 EDT 2007

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 08:18:08PM +0100, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> On 19 May 2007, at 14:23, Stephen Swann wrote:
> >It actually does distress me that all current formats are
> >either fragile or lossy.
>
> Well, vinyl was also kinda fragile and lossy ....

I was including vinyl and mag-tape in that statement.  :)
Only an uncompressed digital solution, with error correction
as part of the storage format will make me happy.  (And yes,
I know that analog->digital is a kind of lossy compression
in itself.)  ;-)

Has anybody actually listened to any high-def CDs vs their
"standard" counterpart?  Is the difference discernable to
human beings, or do you need high precision equipment to
detect it?

Steve