HW: Litmus Dates

Thu Nov 8 10:01:36 EST 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 11:38:41AM +0000, Colin Allen typed out:
> Jonathan Jarrett <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:    On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 09:18:38AM +0100, Colin Allen typed out:
> > Well, I was there, and with a reasonable head of beer on too and
> > so prepared to enjoy many things. All the bands decently represented,
> > which was nice; also good to see that Rise Above have belaboured Litmus
> > into producing new t-shirt designs.
>
>   No, they had not; the t-shirts were the band's idea.

	Well, glad to hear it; they now have enough to sell that maybe
the gigs can start paying for themselves? That needs more gigs, of
course, and ideally ones that wow people.

	<snip>

>   I do feel that this is rather unfair on Earthling Society, who are a
>   very good band; this was not an ideal environment for them but their
>   set was both enjoyable and musically of very high quality.  For me,
>   they were probably played the best set on the night.

	Well, after that gig and their Roadburn set I fear we can only
agree to disagree on this. I've seen enough to disinterest me.

	<snip>

>   Unfortunately, you did not hear the new material as it is supposed
>   to be heard due to the untimely death of Simon's pedal board, which
>   left him playing solely through his amp without any effects
>   whatever.  This was the cause of the somewhat stilted jamming as, to
>   an extent, the songs were no longer really playable.  Due to this,
>   it was a poor set, especially when compared with the recent
>   performance in Brighton supporting Space Ritual.  I suspect that the
>   band are even more disappointed with what happened than you were.

	I'm sorry to hear that. I did notice Simon doing a lot of
messing round, but I took it be tuning problems. I shall hope everything
goes better at the next gig. I will be there, don't worry. Tell Martin
he doesn't even have to have play `Inductor'. I still think the big
pieces would profit from a second mid-range part though. Though one
could hardly ever hear Andy live I suppose. Anyway. Till next time,
yours,
	Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk