Censorship goes local

Arjan Hulsebos arjanh at WOLFPACK.NL
Fri Nov 16 09:20:37 EST 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:06:18 GMT, M Holmes wrote
> Basically there are two solutions to false witness:
>
> 2) Keep freedom of speech, but make people legally responsible for
> the consequences of their exercise of it.

I.e. the system that is in place in Turkey, for instance, where it is a
criminal offence to say anything that might harm the Turkish identity.

I know that's not what you mean, and that's why I mentioned a (fine) line. I
think we all know what we mean, but it's kinda like with pronography: can't
exactly tell you what it is, but I know it when I see it.

Gr,

Arjan H