Huw Langton and expert opinion needed

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Tue Nov 20 04:42:55 EST 2007

On 20 Nov 2007, at 5:54 AM, Psychotic Thread Killer wrote:

> upon a google search for info on the "like An Arrow" LP. one of the
> listings..(scroll down until you see it please), makes it appear
> that this
> LP got a high quality 180 gram pressing at some point
> could you take a look and just see if the ad is actually running into
> another artiste and it never existed, or can a confirmation be made
> please do this!!!
> thank you
> mc
> oh, here's the whole google page so you can see what I mean: it's
> the 6th
> listing down
> http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-11,GGLG:en&q=huw+langton+%22like+an+arrow%22+german+pressing

You mean this listing?:

Freak Emporium - Buy Music - Rock, Psychedelic, Progressive and ...
Lloyd Langton Group - Like An Arrow...(Through The Heart). .... A must
have LP, 180gr german pressing, heavy single rough cover, textured
inner sleeve ...

Looking at the cached version reveals that The Like an Arrow listing
actually refers to a CD reissue:

Lloyd Langton Group - Like An Arrow...(Through The Heart).

Re-issue of late 1980s album from original Hawkwind lead guitarist
HuwLloyd Langton's band. Great space rock lead guitar, over heavy
riffing reminiscent of Hawkwind (of course) but also ZZ Top at their
best. Tracks include "Strange Times", "No Man's Land" and nine others..
CD, £9.00.

Alas, the "must have LP, 180gr german pressing, heavy single rough
cover, textured inner sleeve" comes from this listing:

Kostas Tournas - Aperranta Chorafia

After the split of Poll, Kostas Tournas went on to record a great
progressive-psychedelic concept solo album. A major progressive folk-
rock opus with no distinction into separate tracks; it's a
autobiographic concept album. Tournas wrote and arranged it for a
large orchestra -something unbelievable, speaking for Greece back in
the early 70's- and a rock group (RUTH). He provided the vocals and
the guitars by himself. A must have LP, 180gr german pressing, heavy
single rough cover, textured inner sleeve (greek), poster, 2 pages
insert (30x50) with lyrics/info in English.
LP, £12.50.

Disappointing, I know... :-(

Hope this helps.

Cheers,