Greasy Truckers 3CD

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Oct 22 11:35:13 EDT 2007

Got this from C&D Records today. It's in a very tasty double-CD box with
the same cover art front and back as the LP. There's a CD-sized booklet
inside the case. This contains a full tracklist for each band (Man,
Brinsley Schwartz and Hawkwind) plus some potted histories of the bands
and the gigs. All we'd previusly had for Hawkwind from this gig were
Master of the Universe and Born To Go from the Greasy Truckers double-LP
and Silver Machine, which actually appeared on the Glastonbury fayre
triple-LP in its original form, with lyrics sung by Calvert, before
being edited and the vocals overlaid by Lemmy to produce Hawkwind's
classic hit single.

The blurb reports that the gig is recorded in full on this set from the
original 8-track recording. So from that period in history when the
Hawkwind space cadets were about to graduate and be assigned their full
Space Ritual mission, we have now added:

You Shouldn't Do That
The Awakening
Paranoia
Earth Calling
Welcome to the Future
Brainstorm (jam)

Brainstorm is reported to be an instrumental jam which would later
evolve into the track we all know and love.

I'd like to give you a review, but the truth is I'm at work and haven't
heard it yet. I'm rather looking forward to it though...

FoFP