[Hawkwind] Re: Fwd: Greasy Truckers CD 0999 503235 2 4

Steve Freight stevefreight at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 27 12:43:30 EDT 2007

Hi again Dave,

Amazing the tricks your mind and ear can play.

I've gone back and listened to the 2 versions and can now distinctly hear
the differences you have highlighted.

The only thing I'd like to add is that I'm amazed the band were so together
(if it is not an edit on the newly released version) as to be able to change
gear so in sinc with each other that it sounds like a cut!!!

Perhaps if Dave Brock sees this he may be able to shed some light on this.

Also seems strange that with all the old tape trading that went on a copy of
this gig never (to my knowledge) surfaced for this issue not to have been
known previously. As Jill says - time to update the Codex.

Steve

PS I've said this before, but think the sound on the new Truckers CD is the
best of anything previously released from this set.