OFF: Founding dad dudes, and guns

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Sep 4 06:27:29 EDT 2007

Arjan Hulsebos writes:

> On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 17:51:18 +0100, M Holmes wrote

> > > So you'd say that US politicians are behaving themselves better than
> > > European politicians?

> > Some just get more guards. Still, I'd rather have a pol toe-tapping
> > in the Gents than robbing us blind the way the French ones do.

> The French must have forgotten the ways of the Guillotine, then ;-)

Sadly yes. The French are very tolerant of sexual misdemeanor in their
politicians (and I'd say that's a good thing except where hypocrisy is
involved). The downside is that they're also very tolerant of financial
dishonesty in their politicians.

> Still, I don't buy it.  Even in the US, chances are pretty slim of
> getting shot by an unhappy constituant.

That's a Good Thing. The idea is that folks only shoot them when they
really get to the point that the Constitution is being torn up.

FoFP