OFF/NIK: Atomgods

Tue Sep 11 09:49:57 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 03:59:06PM -0500, mike coleman typed out:

	<snip>

> if there is a CD of WOW, Steve probably made it...I recall
> the 2 of us were very keen on that way back when...maybe he got one of my
> LP's after all???...

> ...regarding
> Necropolis, there must have been something traumatic happen during that
> session where Judge is concerned, I can get nothing...you can find it on
> Wikipedia, and it confirms no less than Fast-Eddie having contributed, as
> well as possibly Michael Burston, if my brain recalls right....at any rate,
> it's got my attention.........as for this other Atom-whatever CD, you've yet
> again got me confused, but if you simply refer to that "History" cd, I can
> probably drum one up fast, OR, dupe my inferior USA copy since Trev takes
> candy from babies (this IS total bullshit, BTW)....anyway, if you refer to
> yet a 3rd "mystery" Atomgod(s) release, I will begin a bombardment of Trev's
> inboxes such as Germany never conceived.......

	In the wise words of Clutch, "gimme just a minute while I
clarify". I realise I've already had nearly a month but don't worry.

1. I have no special secret knowledge and what I know of the Atomgods I
learnt off Steve Pond's site, because even the actual record I have
tells me almost nothing about them.

2. I know of only two Atomgods releases apart from Trev's homebrew
CD-Rs.

3. One is _Wow!_, which is believe only to exist on vinyl but which
Steve Pond's site says or used to say that he would pay very good money
for a CD version, which implied to me that he thought there had been
one.

4. I have _Wow!_ on vinyl myself and it is a pretty good album. I found
it in the clearing out sale of what was for a while Cambridge's last and
only second-hand music outlet, The Beat Goes On, and I've no idea where
I'd advise anyone else to try.

5. I have forgotten the name of the second album, but I believe, from
whatever I absorbed off Steve's site like an internet blotter pad, that
it was issued on CD and vinyl, but so few of either that I have not only
never seen it but don't know that I know anyone who has. This one I
think has no Nik, not that Nik is in any way essential to Trev's quality
but it gives it that fraction less Hawk Kollector value.

6. That Necropolis thing sounds like it could have been a real
car-crash, but whether that's in the hundreds-injured-and-helicopters-
over-the-scene sense or the J. G. Ballard sense I don't know. Did you
know however that 'crash' is apparently the collective noun for
rhinoceroses? Just found that out.

7. I don't know of any other Atomgods release and have no reason to
suppose there was one.

	So to finish with another quote from a different band, this time
ST37: "you can relax... sorta." Yours,
					Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk