OFF/NIK: Atomgods

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 11 11:51:51 EDT 2007

On 9/11/07, Jonathan Jarrett <jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.:
<<<>>>1. I have no special secret knowledge and what I know of the Atomgods
<<<>>>learnt off Steve Pond's site, because even the actual record I have
<<<>>>tells me almost nothing about them.
*ok,  I do though*

<<<>>>2. I know of only two Atomgods releases apart from Trev's homebrew
<<<>>>CD-Rs.
*that makes better sense*
<<<>>>3. One is _Wow!_, which is believe only to exist on vinyl but which
<<<>>>Steve Pond's site says or used to say that he would pay very good
money
<<<>>>for a CD version, which implied to me that he thought there had been
<<<>>>one.
*Steve had that blurb back before 2002 and my black motorcycle developing
that nasty rust, I believe it was a hook to catch United Artists,,,,,he was
going to make one from one of my perfect copies.......*
<<<>>>4. I have _Wow!_ on vinyl myself and it is a pretty good album. I
found
<<<>>>it in the clearing out sale of what was for a while Cambridge's last
and
<<<>>>only second-hand music outlet, The Beat Goes On, and I've no idea
where
<<<>>>I'd advise anyone else to try.
*the internet, how many copies would you like???*
<<<>>>5. I have forgotten the name of the second album, but I believe, from
<<<>>>whatever I absorbed off Steve's site like an internet blotter pad,
that
<<<>>>it was issued on CD and vinyl, but so few of either that I have not
only
<<<>>>never seen it but don't know that I know anyone who has. This one I
<<<>>>think has no Nik, not that Nik is in any way essential to Trev's
quality
<<<>>>but it gives it that fraction less Hawk Kollector value.
*the second album "history re-written is more of a metal album, and has no
Nicholas,,,,,it was issued on vinyl, and 2 CD pressings,,,,,,a UK cd, and a
USA CD,,,,,,tHE uk one could be rare, as mine now belongs to his majesty,
"shuttup thoms"*
<<<>>>6. That Necropolis thing sounds like it could have been a real
<<<>>>car-crash, but whether that's in the hundreds-injured-and-helicopters-
<<<>>>over-the-scene sense or the J. G. Ballard sense I don't know. Did you
<<<>>>know however that 'crash' is apparently the collective noun for
<<<>>>rhinoceroses? Just found that out.
*I can't get Trev's lips to part on this one, but may try again,,,,,I
suspect he doesn't get on witgh certain personnel, and this is why,,,,,I
recall him saying he had to beat the sh*t out of a guy from Tank (no idea if
he's on that one, I'll have to look*<<<>>>7. I don't know of any other
Atomgods release and have no reason to
<<<>>>suppose there was one.
*now you are back on solid ground,,,,,,and allow me to share
this,  "shuttup" is Trev's _FAVORITE_ word, it means many
things,,,,,,,sometimes it could be quite loving and affectionate*
     <<<>>  So to finish with another quote from a different band, this time
<<<>>>ST37: "you can relax... sorta." Yours,
                                       Jon
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
           (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk