Posting guidlines as per the group

Jean Lansford oystrgal at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sun Sep 16 19:02:43 EDT 2007

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, trev <judge48 at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>hallo mike montfort,
>
>people like me, nik turner, dave brock, and  scores (if not hundreds) of
>musicicians have given their  their sweat, and their blood and their souls,
>and some literally their very lives to create the music and to spread the
>ethics of light and tolerance which the spacerock genre and Hawkwind
>represent.
>
>it troubles me when i find what seems to be intolerance  from someone who
>has hi jacked our names and our lifes works for his own benefit i.e. you and
>this list - and then turns and decides to tell us how to speak and to
>communicate.
>
>I don't see flaming here. I don't see any unpleasantness at all - i don't
>see much deviation from hawkfamily ethics and standard practise, and i dont
>see any "off" except now from you.

What a load of BS.

It's not about flaming. Or censorship. Or any other wild-ass
accusation.

It's about good manners.

What you're doing here is the equivalent of talking loudly on
your cel phone during a movie. Would you get equally upset if the
theater usher asked you to take your phone conversation out to
the lobby?

Asking that you mark your messages as not directly related to
news of any of the various bands isn't asking you to shut up. The
way things are now, if I don't care about your "hawkfamily"
chatter, I'll have to individually ignore each of you to cut down
on the amount of email I have to sift through each day. So this:

>Mike Coleman is one of the most knowledgable hawk record collectors
>anywhere, let alone on this list.

is of no consequence, because I'll never see it after saying
"Hmm, he's one of the ones posting a lot of the stuff I won't
ever want to read." and sending anything from his email address
to /dev/null. If he doesn't mark his messages as
collector-related vs miscellaneous community sorts of things, I
have no other way to filter the community ramblings (his AND
yours) out.

You're being rude, son. Try again.
--
Jean Lansford
oystrgal at bellsouth.net

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to
write for the public and have no self.
- Cyril Connolly