OFF: some homebrew spacerock etc.

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sat Apr 5 13:09:13 EDT 2008

Just a little shameless self-promotion for the heck of it .... ;)

I've just uploaded a new mix of my shamelessly derivative space-rock
song "Afterburner" (a Hawkwind-meets-Kyuss-meets-Monster-Magnet car
crash, with a bit of early Orange Goblin thrown in for good
measure).  I first recorded this song as a demo some years ago,
performed a bunch of live versions with the band I played in in the
UK, and now this is a new mix with extra space and bonus rock -- as
well as guest synths from BOC-L list member Scott "Dr. Space" Heller
of the Øresund Space Collective!  (OK, they're actually some free-
standing synth segments Scott sent me ages ago that I mixed in, but
Scott says he'll do some proper synths for the song eventually, so
hey! :)

You can download the MP3 from my web site: <http://www.carlaz.com/
music/>

Also on that page are links to various online music sites that also
have my recordings: MySpace.com, iLike.com, MacJams.com,
iCompositions.com, GarageBand.com, MacIdol.com, and
iMusicscene.com .... If you head over to iMusicscene, be sure to
check out <http://www.imusicscene.com/nigel_potter/> -- that's Alan
Davey's cousin  Nigel Potter (aka "Terentek") who plays with him in
Gunslinger, and he's a cool guy with some cool music of his own up
there.

Back at <http://www.carlaz.com/music/>, there are a few other songs
or song fragments in various stages of completion and repair there,
probably the most space-rock of which are probably my cover of
Hawkwind's "Hassan I Sabha" (though still with kinda rough vocals --
the track is obviously not for sale and includes an exhortation to
buy Hawkwind's albums! :) and the track "Words to the Wind". (The
latter is pretty complete demo, though I'm still working on the mix
and re-recording at home.  It's a song I originally recorded with my
first band in Chris Bruce's studio back in the early 1990s; this is
my "solo" version. ;)  The most BOC-like track may be "The Colour Out
of Space", which I've been picking away at for years and is still
only in a highly unfinished form.  More complete (but more like "Dio-
era Sabbath goes to the Cropredy Festival" than either BOC or
Hawkwind!) is "Twa Corbies", a folk-metal version of the traditional
Scottish border ballad.

Anyway, for what it's worth, enjoy! :)

Cheers,
Carl