OFF: Test, übrigens ist leider Klaus Dinger tot :(

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 5 13:49:26 EDT 2008

I just got a private message about Klaus myself (thank you mysterion x), and
I can confirm that the rather rarish UK pressing of the NEU Lp surely does
have Dave's scrawl, and not only that, pretty boldly stated at that!!!
my friend Wilfried surely has this, and I myself will get it in the future
(again),,,anyway, he's on holiday but when he returns I can get a scan if
needed
further, not having read the newer books on Hawkwind, but looking at Dave
Brock's now proper portfolio on Wikipedia, I was surprised to see Pink Floyd
strangely absent from the HW influence(s), but found Moody Blues, Steve
Miller (from my own backyard I might add), and NEU-
but was wondering how NEU could have been,,,,do they mean NEU influenced an
already existing Hawkwind???
avoid the USA Billingsgate pressings of NEU at all cost, they suck
I used to have a NEU 45 of all things, but Brian Perera wanted it and I let
it go (sob)
lastly, Opa-Loka is a Simon King track (my VERY favorite Hawkwind
song)(along with Space Travellers), and was influenced by his time in
Florida- the name was inspired by either a street of an international
airport, TTBOMK