Going After Zen

Tue Apr 15 04:23:55 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 11:12:31AM -0500, Mike Montfort typed out:
> I usually don't do stuff like this but I got an invite from *Going after
> Zen* today and I've been playing their MySpace music channel now for a
> while, and I really like what i hear. Reminds me most of the
> Constellation of bands like Gas Giant, Oru_und Collective (sp?), Ozrics
> and the Spacefolk.
>
> I think most Hawkfans who like their spacy stuff will enjoy this band.
>
> http://www.myspace.com/goingafterzen
>
> or
>
> goingafterzen.co.uk <http://www.goingafterzen.co.uk>

	I finally got round to sticking these URLs into a computer with
speakers the other day and I half agree with you :-) Some of it is
definitely good to my ears, organic-sounding rhythmic electronica
lurking somewhere on the contemplative off-planet side of techno. Some
of it's just techno though, and not the most interesting stuff out
there. I got the feeling that the guy writes in several different moods
and I only really liked one or two. Still, worth a listen for anyone
open to one of them I think, yours,
				    Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk