HW: TMTYL

Fri Aug 1 05:21:30 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 07:30:43PM -0400, Mary Sullivan typed out:
> Do you have any links, or copies of interviews with Lemmy dealing with the
> psychoacoustics
> they played with back then.  Dave is certainly a master at inducing certain
> states through sound.  You may not be into them, but The Dead were into that
> sort of thing, too, and the subject has always fascinated me.

	Hi Mary,
		 I'm sorry, but a brief play with Google and a search of
the BOC-L archives doesn't turn up any actual links. From the look of
this, though, Lemmy was telling this tale to the Sunday Times in 2000:

http://listserv.ispnetinc.net/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0009C&L=BOC-L&P=R4660

Everything else is dead links, expired domains or insufficient record
I'm afraid. But, if it helps, Scott Heller did an interview with him for
_Aural Innovations_ back in 2000 which is online as audio, RealAudio
here:

http://www.aural-innovations.com/issues/issue14/lemmy01.ram

and MP3 here:

http://www.aural-innovations.com/issues/issue14/lemmy01.mp3

Yours,
		   Jon
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk