Wierd 108 - Stafarers

Steve Freight stevefreight at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 2 03:53:50 EDT 2008

Just been browsing Starfarers site and read Weird 108 review where I am name
checked on the sleeve.

http://www.starfarer.net/weird108.html

Thought I'd let you know why I am there.

At the launch party I spoke to Dave Brock and Rob Ayling and asked why this
disc had never been released. Dave said it was down to Rob and Rob said he
knew nothing about it.

I think Dave didn't want to get involved in any discussion on this and left.
Rob and I continued talking and I said that fans thought this was to be the
bonus disc under the collectors series and not a mispressed Space Brock. Rob
said that no decision was ever taken on the bonus disc and Space Brock just
happened to be handy.

I said I would write to Rob re Weird 8 and sent him a CD transfer I had done
from the cassette.

I believe that Dave supplied the master tapes for transfer and tidy-up.
Maybe Nick Loebner did supply tapes or can update on his name check.

I'm on the sleeve for having suggested the release.

Steve

--
View Steve's Photos of Hawkwind Porcupine Tree and Isle of Wight
http://www.flickr.com/photos/venthawktree