Off: AMON DUUL question

Wed Aug 6 20:15:03 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 01:12:44PM -0700, Keith Henderson typed out:
> CM asks...
> > Amon Düül (UK) - Meeting With Menmachines (CD)
>
> I don't have the CD, but I used to own the vinyl, which had a similar title (longer...MWM Inglorious Heroes of the Past or something).  With Ms. Waring on vocals...mostly lousy poppy tunes with her, um, interesting voice.  I mean, she's pretty annoying.

	I have this on vinyl, and the title is as Keith describes; also
the quality, though I found Ms Waring's vocals less annoying than Mr
Anderson's, mainly because her words are more interesting. His I find
sub-par Mick Farren butchered for rhyme. The best bits are undoubtedly
when they're both quiet, but it's still fairly dull jamming and I
wouldn't say it was necessary for anything except Kollector purposes.
Yours,
	Jon

ObMP3s: Inner City Unit , _Maximum Effect_ demos
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk