HW Knights of Space

Fri Aug 8 10:47:29 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 02:50:22PM -0400, StevePXR5 at AOL.COM typed out:
> It concerns me what you say about the sound. During the Question Time at
> Hawkfest, remastering was mentioned for the albums soon to be re-issued on
> Cheery Red. Dave said the band aren't doing it, someone else is.

	I think that's encouraging, actually. If the band was doing it
it would end up getting done at Barkalot Farm and sounding that same
flavour of "I HAVE A COMPUTER IN MY BEDROOM!" as TMYTL does, which would
be a shame for things as sharp-sounding as the Charisma material ought
to be, and even more so for _Levitation_ (which hardly *needs*
remastering). And if, as someone else said, it's the same team as did
the Deep Purple remasters, then that's good enough for me (though Dale
Churchett would be better, wherever he went...) Yours,
							Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk