+++stop press+++advertising aid item french hassan+++one man isolator+++

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 22 11:04:01 EDT 2008

If you're talking about the qualitative differences between cd and vinyl, I'm totally with you - I miss everything about vinyl except the maintenance - trying to get that last freaking speck of dust to get rid off the pop it was causing  in the middle of a song used to make me nuts.  But I miss the warmth of sound, the packaging/artwork... Examining the album sleeve as the record played was part of the experience - CD "liner notes" have never cut it...

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: mike coleman <insect.brain at GMAIL.COM>
Date: Friday, Aug 22, 2008 10:51 am
Subject: Re: +++stop press+++advertising aid item french hassan+++one man  isolator+++
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

and hopefully the private mail I sent you revealed that you in fact caught me off guard, and that was an off-the-cuff, scot-like reply, when in fact I look at cd's like microwaved potatoes and cell-phones- mostly cute trading card type things that I will certainly play but I like serving up a good heaping "hawkwind meal", so just give me a rega-3 replacement and I'll play every piece of vinyl I ever get over and over again (I'll be needing
japanese inners too, however)......but if I never make it the face was as good as the snatch

On 8/22/08, Steve Swann <swann1066 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not *quite* music-only, I feel the Kollektor itch too, but to me its
 more stuff about the band itself.  Like that synth they put up for sale
 recently that I think was Alan's?  I can't even play and yet that thing made
 me go into a shark-like Kollektor blood frenzy because of the
 association  between that and their live shows.

> For example  if they had come out and said "this is the synth you can hear
 on Zarozinia in Live Chronicles," I probably would have been trying to sign
 over my house to them, even as my wife had me dragged off and committed to a
 mental  institution.  :)

 From: mike coleman <insect.brain at GMAIL.COM>
 Date: Friday, Aug 22, 2008 8:51 am
 Subject: Re: +++stop press+++advertising aid item french hassan+++one
 man  isolator+++
 To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To:
 BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

> none of the Kollektors who make it that high up the mountain ever
 _actually_
 _play_ their kollektions....you know that Steve....
 but Ultra Noise is my business so no, according to an informant there is
 nothing there for music-only people

 On 8/22/08, Steve Swann <swann1066 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > So, is the version of Hassan I Sabha anything different than what have
 readily available, or is it just the fact that it's a rare pressing that
 makes it so sought after?

 From: mike coleman <insect.brain at GMAIL.COM>
 Date: Friday, Aug 22, 2008 2:28 am
 man  isolator+++
 To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
 >To:
 BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

> > HEADS UP, A DOOR HAS BEEN OPENED INTO THE HIGHLY EXCLUSIVE KOLLEKTOR CLUB
 HERE IS A CHANCE FOR