+++stop press+++advertising aid item french hassan+++one man isolator+++

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 22 14:47:44 EDT 2008

Oh, just because I whine about the loss of the grace and beauty of the LP format doesn't mean that I've actually bothered to fix my record player for the past 5 years....

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
Date: Friday, Aug 22, 2008 12:36 pm
Subject: Re: +++stop press+++advertising aid item french hassan+++one man   isolator+++
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

On 22 Aug 2008, at 10:04 , Steve Swann wrote:
 If you're talking about the qualitative differences between cd and
 vinyl, I'm totally with you - I miss everything about vinyl except
 the maintenance - trying to get that last freaking speck of dust to
 get rid off the pop it was causing  in the middle of a song used to
 make me nuts.  But I miss the warmth of sound, the packaging/
 artwork... Examining the album sleeve as the record played was part
 of the experience - CD "liner notes" have never cut it...

I'm a total heretic, having moved ever closer to the completely
digital experience! ;)  I now just rip my CDs losslessly to my iTunes
libaray, and then store the original CD away.  When possible, I buy
lossless FLAC files for download and skip the CD entirely (though I
refuse to buy lossy digital formats); the delivery is faster (and,
where I am, more likely to arrive! ;)).  Everything sits on one giant
hard disk and gets backed up to a second giant hard disk.  I think
I'll shortly need to move up from the current 750 GB disks to 1 TB
disks, though! :)

Cheers,
Carl

--