+++stop press+++advertising aid item french hassan+++one man isolator+++

Mary Sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Sat Aug 23 08:28:03 EDT 2008

Thanks Carl, for the info.  I only had 1 drive, that's why I went down, but
I still don't know how to do back up, Chris was going to show me all that.

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of Carl Edlund Anderson
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 5:53 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: +++stop press+++advertising aid item french hassan+++one
man isolator+++

On 22 Aug 2008, at 16:26 , Paul Mather wrote:
> Are your two hard drives from different manufacturers, or at least
> from different batches if the same model?  There's an increased
> chance of simultaneous/close together failures otherwise.  I'd hate
> for all your eggs to be lost in one go...

Same manufacturer, I think, but different models and all. Purchased
in different countries, I think!  I tend to keep the backup drive
disconnected and powered down except when actually doing a periodic
backup.

Good points, though!  You can never have too much redundancy.

(I've always got the CDs for most things, of course, though re-
ripping them would be pain!  But of course the CDs are subject to the
evil CD rot, vinyl gets scratched, tapes wear thin or get
magnetized ... and a house fire would really screw it all! ;))

Cheer,s
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson