Hawkwind Winter Tour - Glasgow bound

Theodore O Jackson tjackson at SYR.EDU
Tue Dec 2 13:42:28 EST 2008

Hmm...We get about 120 inches of snow per
winter here.  Hope you folks don't have too
tough a time of it!

tj

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]
On Behalf Of Jill Strobridge
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 12:31 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Hawkwind Winter Tour - Glasgow bound

ah - I've just been looking at the Met Office website
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/index.html  and found the
following:  It could be they are getting a bit over-excited about what
will simply turn out to be a rainy day - which has happened before! -
but please take care everyone and have a safe journey north!
>There is a moderate risk of a severe event affecting parts of Scotland
and northern England. Snow spreading from the west Wednesday evening is
likely to become persistent and heavy at times into Thursday morning,
especially on hills, and potentially to some lower levels. Considerable
drifting is likely over higher ground in strong winds. The snow, turning
to rain at lower levels, will clear eastwards by Thursday afternoon.
Issued at: 1555 Tue 2 Dec<

Best wishes

jill