Wikipedia censorship over album cover

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Dec 9 17:24:41 EST 2008

FoFP sez...

> I get it through work and up to yesterday Wikipedia was OK.
> I'm sure I've seen that Scorpions cover quite a few times
> hunting through record bins.

I owned a copy of the original LP (Virgin Killer) for many years, and then tried to sell it on Ebay two years ago.  I was smart enough to censor my photo image when I posted the listing.  But that didn't matter!  As everyone knows, the Ferengi run Ebay, and consider *not* showing the "offending" parts actually *more* offensive for some reason.  So they nixed the auction within hours.  Not that they "won" or anything.  Somebody who had been trying to buy a copy of this album for months, only to see every auction cancelled by Ebay, wrote me personally (warning me my posting wouldn't last the day despite my image-censoring) and we worked out a deal between ourselves once the auction was nixed.  Maybe I could have gotten a little more money out of the sale than the price we negotiated, but at least I got the satisfaction of selling my merchandise (thanks to Ebay) without even having to pay any Ebay/PayPal fees at all for the listing or sale!  :)

The only thing I don't understand about the BBC article is that they consider the Scorpions to be somewhat 'obscure.'  ?!  OK, when that album came out, they were not widely known around the world, but five years later they were on top of it.  Or at least on "Top of the Bill."

Grakkl (Bornich an der Loreley)