HW: Glasgow

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 10 08:00:57 EST 2008

You know that description reminds me of the Hideaway Club gig years ago.  The sound started out too soft, then slowly crept up until it was absolutely perfect, it was loud, but you could hear every note with ringing clarity.  Then it kept getting louder still, until by the end it was your typical stadium loudness in a compact club problem....  Ah well, That worked pretty well for Hassan I Sabha actually.... :)

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
Date: Monday, Dec 8, 2008 10:15 am
Subject: Re: HW: Glasgow
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

 Mr H writes:

 > Hmm, my first posting since 2002.  How time flies.
 >
 > Anyway, just wondering what folks thought of the Glasgow show tonight / last
 > night.

 >WHAT?????

 Well, it was just before midnight when I was sitting typing, and after
 midnight when I hit send, so it was last night / tonight.

Hmmm. I meant it was FUCKING LOUD!!!

Too loud: the sound was muffled and awful. We could hear guitar fuzz and little else. No vocals. Hardly any synth,

Newcastle was very much better though.

FoFP

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.