Merchandise & Prestatyn Set List

Edmund Clout e_clout at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 15 11:37:12 EST 2008

Better Selection than I've seen for a while. They had a few t-shirts including In search of space(which I got), Doremi shield, Take me to your leader(as modelled by D.Brock), A version based on the spaceritual cover I'd not seen before, and I think one other. They had two Xmas CDs, one from 2004 and another one (Black with Hawkwind in red computery writing I think.) I did see someone with the spacemelt DVD after the show, but hadn't noticed it on the stall (may have sold out).

Also should Mr. Starfarer be listening: Re. Prestatyn setlist, After going to Manchester I can confirm Hassan-i Sabbah had the same middle bit at both gigs which I presume is the current arrangement of Space is their Palestine. I'm also as sure as I can be I got the set list about right apart from that. Can't shed any light on which number had doubled up Bass Guitars though, as I was bouncing too much to notice at Manchester!

In general I think this is the best they've sounded since Alan left. I prefer the heavier sound they tend to have with two guitars (from what I gather) anyway, and the bass end of the sound seems much more sorted (i.e. louder) than before, and better deep/sub-bass synth sounds too. Is this Nialls influence I wonder? Also Mr. Brock seems to do more lead when there's another guitarist, do ya think?

Big grin and praying for Spring mini-tour