HW: Return Of The Legendary Space Rangers

Thu Dec 18 04:51:23 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 03:22:54PM +0000, Ian Abrahams typed out:
> But the CDs aren't being reissued chronologically so its not a case of
> the Charisma ones arriving and then everything tailing off. I mean,
> Esoteric have done a comprehensive Man reissue over the last 18 months
> so I don't really see a problem with a Hawkwind programme over the
> same timescale... even in these troubled times.

	Dear Ian,
		  the latter point's a reassuring one, certainly. As to
the former, I didn't mean to imply that that was how I saw the program
running; it's just that it's the Charisma ones I don't have CDs of, ASAM
excepted, so those are the ones I'm most interested in. Everything else
has been on issue in the UK during my fandom... I'll still be faintly
surprised when some discs actually emerge, but that's because I'm a
cynic, or possibly, a devoted believer in Hawkwind's ability to shoot
themselves in the foot with record deals. Yours,
						 Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk