Hard Rock Hell (was Re: PAL and NTSC on DVDs)

Tue Dec 23 04:07:35 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 07:06:39AM -0500, Carl Edlund Anderson typed out:
> On 10 Dec 2008, at 06:18 , Edmund Clout wrote:
> >American band, Clutch, who'd been in Glasgow the night before went
> >on cold and were ace, reallly hard southern blues based rock.
> Clutch are veteran tourers and a great band!

	I was very sorry not to be able to make that gig, the line-up
was pretty inarguable, but so was their over-18s policy and I had care
of the child that weekend. That makes the organisers officially less
broad-minded than the Hells Angels; the last time said child saw Clutch
was at one of their festivals...

	But, yes, Clutch are amazing, and very few bands can have as
long a string of consistently good albums under their belt; Motörhead,
the Bevis Frond... but few others. If you liked what you saw live I very
much recommend getting hold of _Pure Rock Fury_ and then exploring from
there. Their lyrics are full of weirdness and prophecy and their
rhythm section full of swing. Yours,
				     Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk