Hawkwind Direct (San Diego 89 Xenomorph)

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 28 19:35:38 EST 2008

Hi Scott + all
I have done a little sleuthing into my personal stash, but I want to preface
with a disclaimer:
in the past and now included, the only way I have ever been able to truly
enjoy live tapes is if somebody put them on CDR with artwork. While I am
guilty of grabbing anything with the word Hawkwind, I am certainly not
guilty of trading or spreading anything unofficial. Hawkwind had total
access to my life via Douglas Smith during my stint selling a few items when
they were harder to get stateside.......
I just investigated 2 CDRS in my collection which claim to be the San Diego
October 12 89 show. The first, called the "Hawklog Master Series, "Heads"
Vol 12",  had a run of 75 copies, and is a single cdr. The second, called
"San Diego 89", is a double CDR on a label titled "Smashing Rocks"
Mary Bruce helped me to define these both contain the Minneapolis show.
I would like to know if anybody out there could tell me how the quality on
these compares with the now officially released version, and further if
there are other hijinxed CDRS about.......
No drunkTexan?? it ain't San Diego