Hawkwind Cover Versions Part 2

Tue Feb 5 15:49:24 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 02:23:01PM +0000, M Holmes typed out:
> Steve Freight writes:
> > Just a thought but what classic (or not so classic) song do you think
> > Hawkwind could cover well?
>
> The Doctor Who theme?

	Especially with Tim on theremin. But I think Alan is as likely
to do this and might do it as well. Still, it'd be great to hear a
section of it dropped into a jam like they still do with `Paranoia'.

> I'd love to hear a Hawkwind version of "Diesel Spaceship" or "Guidance
> is Internal" by Ship of Fools.

	I'm not sure there's really enough of a song in the former to
sustain a Hawkwind performance, not without words. The latter'd be great
though, I can just hear Dr Brock's guitar ripping through that one. I
may have to listen to that now. Once the Pink Fairies finish maybe,
yours,
	Jon

ObCD: Pink Fairies - _What A Bunch of Sweeties_
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk