Shameless CDR vs CD questions

The Intelligentsia insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 12 04:04:51 EST 2008

Just _what_ is the deal here???
In my past experiences I have had 2 problems:
1) CD's with scratches either so deep or so many of them that they cause the
music to get "hung up", making a very fast rotational clicking noise
2) Ozric Tentacle's original Dovetail CD's having an apparent "ink" problem,
whereupon it would eat down into the cd, and cause the music to become a
horror noise rather than music
*BUT THEN RECENTLY, I tried to copy some HW CDR's at a friend's, and he's an
ass, as well as a friend, so of course they were done at 4x normal speed and
DID NOT come out right*
*come to find out, he can record actual cd's at 4x with no problem, but NOT
CDR's*
*so what's the deal with THAT?????*
*then we get to Trev's Max Effect CDR......not normal here either-   what
mine does, is it has occasional drop-outs in the music, and will tend to
jump ahead in the tracks*
*now admittedly my players are cheap, but they only malfunction with this
one- also, there are a fair amount of blemishes on it because he's a
musician, and most don't know better, etc*
*my point being: I thought none of this stuff was supposed to happen with
CD's/CDR's!!!  I thought only hang-up's would occur when too many scratches
or a scratch that is too deep is present*
*fill me in folks, would ya please!!!!*
*thanks*
*mc*

**