CD-R quality (was Re: Shameless CDR vs CD questions)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Feb 12 12:49:56 EST 2008

On 12 Feb 2008, at 06:05 , Paul Mather wrote:
> (A lack of stability causes the optical properties to degrade over
> time; 0s degrading into 1s; etc.---somewhat similar to the "CD rot"
> that afflicted the Ozric Tentacles Dovetail pressed CDs.)

My Dovetail OT CDs definitely show the scary "bronzing" of CD rot,
and have for some time.  But if there are any problems, the CD error
correction has overcome them so far!  Besides, I've now ripped them
all to lossless files on a big ol' hard drive, which is itself backed
up to another big ol' harddrive, so I'm less worried than I was. :)

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
http://www.carlaz.com/