(HW) A collector call for help, plus the info DEEP FIX

Delta-Wave insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 22 03:18:19 EST 2008

On 2/22/08, Visionary Head <visionaryhead at doramail.com> wrote:

> I don't have the green vinyl, but the first I heard of this was in
> 1980(!), a dealer was advertising it in the classifieds in the back of
> "Sounds". I still have the ad somewhere. I never believed it existed - would
> love to see one!
>
> *Oh good, supporting evidence, and a chance to add some things so as not
> to confuse*

1) as (from my experirence) when the colored Sonic first appeared in an add
at rediculous prices, disbelief and mistrust were the order of the day- I
want to say that either Mick Bryceland first saw this (green one), and
again, my memory may fail, but I believe Ande saw one somewhere, but the
point is that we've got a tip that it's out there:
In my past, the _Original_ Jap items were the creme-de-la creme hawkwind
vinyl, so mark my words: if Eli is saying his is flawless and your chances
of finding a Green Jap "Urban" are greater that you will be a solid member
of Hawkwind before you die. You wont find it, and if you do, better hope
you're richer than shit.
Next, I have heard of a Japanese ISOS in Red but have no direct evidence.
as for the 1st LP, you can bank in Switzerland over this solid fact, however
it is so impossible that your dealer will probably keep it and not let you
even have a chance
the red SM has turned up a few times, but again, you won't get these items
cheap, unless you have an ace up your sleeve over there, and even then it's
not easy.
As for the Doremi, again, I've heard rumours, but can't verify first hand.
These are items almost worth just forgetting, however I know the few with
the means, so just in case,  and it made for another read.
I commented earlier aboput stock copies being better- that could be just me
being wrong-  it's just that much like here in the USA, it seemed to me
promos were showing up at a faster rate than many stocks......and I bought
my share, more than just one copy, etc........(plus I'm a sucker for the
full-colored, Liberty labels, as opposed to the white promos)
so I guess you may as well know that the Jap original Doremi can come with a
gold OBI-strip or a pink one, like ISOS (pink one), so that seemed
redundant, however both are correct and valid and if you get promo LP's of
these and it has an OBI, give thanks to something......
cheers and thanks for further evidence
mike