Hawkwind collector question for any experts

EliPXR5 at AOL.COM EliPXR5 at AOL.COM
Sun Jan 6 10:23:47 EST 2008

I sent this to the list yesterday, but I never received it, so I'm sending it
again. Sorry in advance if it arives twice.
Dear List (but only for you MC would I dig these out of storage to report on
them)
There are 3 of these releases that you speak of. Cleopatra released 3
Flicknife albums as exact repros of their vinyl counterparts. Japanese style. Because
they exactly reproduce the original Flicknife art, they don't say Cleopatra
anywhere on them, but they were put out by Cleopatra. They are the original
Hawkwind Friends and Relations (with the silver grey cover) , Zones, and This Is
Hawkwind Do Not Panic.
This Is Hawkwind is reproduced as a miniature gatefold, with the photos from
the gatefold vinyl release. It contains the fold out poster of the band
onstage with Brock, Turner, Davey, and Thompson
playing in front of a light show, with the two headed Hawk logo on top. It
opens up to 6 times the size
of a CD jacket. The CD contains all 4 sides of the vinyl, and is reproduced
as a mini-vinyl with label, black disc and grooves. In all 3 of these the CD's
are printed as mini-lps.
The color poster with Zones uses the top part of the album art with the
Hawk's head, with a nice silhouette shot of Brock guitar in hand from the waist up
superimposed over it.
The poster with Friends and Relations is a black and white shot of the band
circa mid-seventies taken outdoors with House, Powell, Rudolph, King standing
behind a seated Turner, Brock, and Calvert. Its printed with a silver tone, and
has an art deco border, with the 2 headed  Hawk logo at the bottom. All of
the posters are really nice.
Space Ritual Sundown was released only once on Cleopatra. I'm not sure which
year is accurate. Its a cardboard box that contains a rerelease of Space
Ritual Vol.2. Its very cool. If I could have only one copy of this on vinyl or CD
I'd keep this one. It has the best audio quality presentation of this material
I've ever heard. The top of the box reproduces the Doremi art in silver on
black, and says Space Ritual Sundown on the bottom. The bottom has the art from
the Space Ritual program that shows the dancer from behind in front of the
skull and crossbones alien head, printed small, and the song and muiscnaut
credits. It has several inserts, a small black and white copy of the program, and a
color poster that opens up to 8 times CD cover size that combines two great
photos. The bottom part of the poster is a color shot of the band playing live in
front of the light show, a blurry stobed photo. The band are Calvert at the
mic, Nik in a blur of electricity, a blurred nude Stacia,Simon King, Lemmy,
Brock,and Del seated at the synths.. Above them in the light show is an older
band photo with Del, Nik, Lemmy, Calvert, Terry Ollis , Dave Brock, and DikMik .
The package also contains a 20 page color booklet. It contains a lot of nice
photos by Jorgen Angel from the Space Ritual tour, of the band and Stacia
dancing au natural. It also reproduces all of the art from the first Pinnacle vinyl
release of Vol.2 in the book. The cover of the booklet is art that strongly
resembles the lay out of the original Space Ritual album cover, but completely
redrawn. Finally the CD comes in a cardboard double CD digi-pak in the style
of the original Space Ritual gatefold. Its a nice package, and again the audio
quality is nicely restored. And now, I'm getting a little freaked out, becuase
in the credits in the booklet there is a thank you to Mike Coleman! So. Mike,
I think you need this.
Hope this helps. Yours as ever, Eli