HW: Astoria last night

Mon Jan 7 14:14:46 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 31, 2007 at 03:49:39PM +0000, jjarrett typed out:
> 	Dear All,
> 		  I should have written my review straight away! Now I
> find that I've lost the piece of paper I took the setlist down on. So
> this is just some collected thoughts, followed by an attempt to
> reconstruct the setlist which is probably way off.

	I have *found* the scribbled set-list, which allows me to
correct the way-off version I previously posted, should anyone be left
that cares beyond Mike C....

recte:

... Aerospaceage Inferno
Space Love [if that's what it's called]
The Awakening
Orgone Accumulator/Dreaming/Orgone Accumulator
Paradox
Robot
Abducted
Alien I Am
Master of the Universe
Time We Left
Lighthouse
Arrival in Utopia/Deathtrap/Arrival in Utopia
Damnation Alley
Sonic Attack
Welcome to the Future
	*
Flying Doctor
Silver Machine

	I'd forgotten the `Deathtrap' interlude in `Arrival', and I took
so long to work out what it was that I had to have someone behind me
singing the words before I twigged. I do now remember however saying to
one of the people I was with during `Robot': "Aha! Dave's guitar sounds
like a chainsaw in an echo chamber! This is as it should be!" so you can
see I was fairly cheerful about it all. Yours,
						Jon

ObCD: The Strawberry Alarm Clock - _Anthology_ (I thought I didn't know
anything of this lot, but of course I stick this CD on for the first
time and it begins with `Incense and Peppermints', which I must have
heard a dozen times and never known what it was...)
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk