tREV tHOMS AND rON tREE

Thu Jan 10 20:42:43 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 01:52:14PM -0600, mike coleman typed out:

	<snip>

> If you like Ron Tree and if you like Hawkwind...*YOU HAVE TO GET
> BAJINA!!!!   ok so it's not Dave on guitar but it's Trev!!!!   i CONSIDER
> THIS ONE A hawkwind ALBUM, AND I'll take it to this: "It's a totally FUN
> Hawkwind album"...maybe sorta like Dumpy's Rusty Nuts might do only better*
> *the album is OVER-THE TOP Mad, gets 5 stars from me, and not having it
> isn't an option...it kicks ass.....Comammnder Jim's unending synth bleeps
> will have you chuckling and liking them at the same time (mo)*
> *let's hope it's still obtainable, meaning Judge will do up a batch if sold
> out*
> *YOU HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE IT!!!!!*

	<snip>

	I have to say I have mixed feelings about that album. The actual
music is pretty good, but Ron sounds worse than out of it when he talks,
and he does go on for *ages* about how crazy and messed-up they are when
actualy what's happening is that two stoners-or-similar are messing with
audio generators while one tries to enunciate how rock-and-roll this is.
I'm not convinced personally. Once again, Trev slightlt let down by a
band who can't focus; but here the results far less bad than the last
time I said this, just, there's an awful lot of that CD could have been
clipped between the tracks and the band would sound *so* much more
impressive. You can just tell that the people in the audience spent most
of their time thinking `get *on* with it!'... Yours,
						     Jon

ObCD: Deviants - _Human Garbage_
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk