Astoria last night

Fri Jan 11 11:43:45 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 09:48:12AM +0000, Steve Bishop typed out:
> Dunno, got the feeling they could have just gone off jamming at a tangent if
> they'd fancied it .........

	I'm not sure they weren't, at points; some of the breaks seemed,
if not actually spontaneous, at least unrehearsed, and Tim and Dave
seemed to be teasing each other for getting away with thinsg here and
there. I got the same feeling you got, and I think that was partly Tim
being limited to a live instrument and doing his rock god bit, partly
Dibs (gotta say) adding flourishes here and there and partly Dave
actually playing lead at a point or two. I'll happily see this band play
some more, style of thing. Yours,
				  Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk