HW: Astoria last night

Tue Jan 15 17:28:50 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 08:11:11AM -0500, Guy Thomas typed out:

	<snip>

> Wonder if Dibs get chance to get some of his own material into the set ever?
> It's well known that I'm Krel Fan #1, and that Dibs work in Krel was IMO better
> than Spacehead (probably why he kept on playing Krel tracks in his Spacehead
> days). The track Space Trip from the last Krel CD (recorded live on the 1992
> Teepee tour, released in 2005) would be brilliant in a HW set.

	<snip>

	I just recently got hold of that CD--really should have moved
sooner when it came out!--and it's pretty solid stuff isn't it? I really
quite like it. Less like the CYM clonery of the first Krel CD and much
more like Spacehead only with the spirit of fun and excitement still
left. I've seen Spacehead manage that but not as often as I've seen them
play sadly, they can get a bit leaden. On the other hand, Dibs was
better with HW than I've ever seen him solo, so maybe Spacehead can hope
for a shot in the vein... Yours,
				 Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk